Verdicts and Settlements Civil
6.5 million- Settlement for young man severely injured in an auto accident. Lawsuit filed against manufacturer of automobile on grounds that it was defective and not crashworthy.
3.2 million- Verdict against Port Authority of NY/NJ based upon negligence claims and malicious prosecution against former employees.
1.8 million- Settlement against Chevron Corporation for products liability claim in which young boy burned by exploding can of charcoal lighter fluid.
1.8 million- Settlement for severe injuries received by worker at construction site.
1.2 million- Settlement in construction site accident when worker injured in fall from excavation site that was not properly stabilized.
1.1 million- Verdict in automobile/ motorcycle collision to operator of cycle who was injured. 1 million- Settlement to woman sexually assaulted by wealthy relative.
900,000- Settlement to injured female driver of vehicle whom was struck in rear by a truck while entering into Holland Tunnel.
850,000- Settlement against tool manufacturer after tool piece broke off and injured eye of worker. 803,000- Verdict when driver injured in automobile/truck collision.
800,000- Verdict in pedestrian knock down case.
750,000- Settlement against Elevator maintenance company for improper repairs to Bergen County courthouse elevator for injury suffered to Sheriff Officer when elevator unexpectedly fell 2 floors.
650,000- Verdict against NJ Transit in favor of driver of car involved in accident with bus.
550,000- Verdict to injured worker after being knocked over by heavy equipment at construction site. 425,000- Settlement to woman who slip and fell on spilled liquid on floor of IKEA.
325,000- Settlement to man who slipped and fell on ice outside of Hotel.
250,000- Settlement to woman who was involved in accident with truck owned by Landscaping company.
175,000- Settlement to young woman who injured eye in automobile accident.
Sample Of Some Verdicts In Criminal Trials In which Paul Faugno Was Counsel.
1) Woman acquitted by Passaic County jury of all 33 counts of indictment alleging sexual assault in which sixteen year old boy accused her of non consensual sex on multiple occasion.
2) Port Authority police office charged with drug possession and attempting to bribe the arresting officer acquitted by Bergen County Jury of all charges.
3) New Jersey State Trooper charged with assault of criminal suspect while handcuffed acquitted in Bergen County of all charges.
4) 21-year-old man accused of date rape of a 19-year-old woman is acquitted of all charges by a Passaic County Jury.
5) Woman accused of aggravated assault on another woman allegedly motivated by jealousy is acquitted by a Bergen County Jury of all charges.
6) African American male pulled over for no reason on George Washington Bridge is charged with assaulting police officers and acquitted by a Bergen County Jury of all charges.
7) 19-year-old African American male accused of sexually assaulting 17-year-old girl acquitted by a Bergen County Jury of all charges.
8) Vietnam Vet accused of shooting his wife’s lover with a sawed off shotgun at point blank range acquitted of attempted homicide charges by a Bergen County Jury and convicted of lesser offense of assault resulting is a substantially reduced sentence.
9) Director of Engineering of a Company Trading on NY Stock Exchange charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States Government in allegedly submitting false documents to the Federal Drug Administration acquitted of all charges by a Jury in Federal Court in the State of Maryland.
10) Public Employee of Bergen County Municipality charged with theft of service acquitted of all charges by Judge in Bergen County.