- Of Counsel
Russell Shanks, of counsel, concentrates his practice in the area of commercial litigation, specializing with the automotive and real estate industries. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Shanks had previously serves a general counsel to the Potamkin automotive organization for five years.
Mr. Shanks has represented client in numerous matters of complex litigation involving the "Big Three" automotive manufacturers. In addition, he represented client in various litigated matters including commercial loan transactions, shareholder/partnership/contract disputes and commercial foreclosures.
Mr. Shanks has a wide range of experience before the State and Federal Courts in New York, as well as before numerous administrative and arbitrations tribunals. He has previously lectured in a program operated by the Kings County Supreme Court in conjunction with the Kings County District Attorneys Office. He currently trains small claims arbitrators and has served on the Board and as President of the Association of Small Claims Arbitrators of the City of New York. He has also acted as a mentor in the Brooklyn Law School mentoring program.
Mr. Shanks received a Juris Doctor degree from the Brooklyn Law School in 1983, and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
He is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Automotive and real estate industries
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- Juris Doctor - 1983
- State University of New York at Stony Brook
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Economics
- "Big Three" automotive manufacturers
- Lectured, Kings County Supreme Court in conjunction with the Kings County District Attorneys Office
- Mentor, Brooklyn Law School mentoring program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Small Claims Arbitrators of the City of New York, Board President
Past Employment Positions
- Potamkin automotive organization, General Counsel