Mr. Faugno has been a practicing trial attorney for over twenty-five years. Mr. Faugno concentrates his practice in the areas of complex personal injury matters and criminal defense litigation. Mr. Faugno has extensive experience litigating matters to verdict before Jurors in both State and Federal Courts. In the context of his criminal defense practice, Mr. Faugno has been involved in multiple high profile cases, ranging from the representation of white collar executives charged with corporate misconduct to individuals charged with homicide in the first degree. Mr. Faugno has specialized experience in the area of the defense of those charged with sexual assaults. Mr. Faugno has obtained not guilty verdicts in numerous cases involving allegations of sexual assault.
In the context of his personal injury practice, Mr. Faugno has represented clients in matters reported in various legal journals, including the New Jersey Law Journal, the New Jersey Lawyer and National Jury Verdict Search. Mr. Faugno has obtained several multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements which have qualified him for a membership in the "Million Dollar Club", an organization of Attorneys who have obtained verdicts in excess of over one million dollars. Mr. Faugno is also a member of the New Jersey Criminal Defense Association, a member of the New Jersey Trial Association and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Faugno is designated as an instructor by the New Jersey Criminal Trial Skills class for young attorneys, and Mr. Faugno has been a featured commentator on Cable News Network (CNN). Mr. Faugno received a Juris Doctor degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Michigan and received a Bachelor of Science Degree from University of Denver.
Mr. Faugno was admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey before the United States District Court in the District of New Jersey.
Areas Of Practice
- Complex personal injury matters
- Criminal defense litigation
- New Jersey, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctor - 1984
- University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 1980
- Instructor, New Jersey Criminal Trial Skills class for young attorneys
Honors and Awards
- Featured commentator on Cable News Network (CNN)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Criminal Defense Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- Community Association Institute, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- AAJ, Member
- "Million Dollar Club", Member
- New Jersey Trial Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Borough of Moonachie, Public Defender, 1985 to 1986
- Bergen County Superior Court, Personal Injury Arbitration Program, Arbitrator